Thursday 20 January 2022

 

MINDANAO MINISTRY / Ps Angel Majadas 

We welcome into our AO family, Ps Angel Majadas in Mindanao, Philippines. Ps Angel is under the covering of Revival Christian Church Global Outreach and is the brother-in-law of Ps Josephine from our Cebu ministry. He is passionate in serving the Lord and we are blessed to partner with him in Reaching, Touching and Transforming lives in Mindanao. Here is his testimony:

In 1995, I started in ministry under the Foursquare denomination until 2010 but I was new in ministry and faced many setbacks and challenges. I thank God for my sister-in-law, Ps Josephine, who constantly encouraged us and prayed for us. In 2005 God led me to volunteer in a campus ministry, teaching the word of God in a High School to almost 1000 student a week. It was a great challenge to me but God showed me ways to minister to these students and to touch and transform their lives. My reward was to see many of them come to Christ.

When I was in Davao the central part of Mindanao, I was also a volunteer to teach non-formal education to adults from 65 years and below. I ministered to them through these classes in a form of adult literacy, teaching the word of God and bringing them back to the Lord. Again, my reward was to see many give their lives to Jesus. I felt so encouraged and blessed every time one of them accepted Jesus as their Lord and Saviour.

In 2010, I left the ministry as I was getting married and my wife, Jocelyn (who is Ps Josephine’s sister) and I have 2 children. We settled at San Pablo Zamboanga del Sur and to support my family I decided to work as a tricycle driver but I always felt a tug in my heart for ministry. One day I was a taking a passenger, Gloria, and this lady told me she suffered from pain on her right hand because of an injury and I prayed for her right there in my trishaw. I kept in touch with her, sharing the Word and not long after she accepted Jesus. She longed to know and understand the Word more deeply and she encouraged me to conduct Bible study in her house and now we also hold our Sunday services in her house as well. She has shared with her friends and neighbours and now praise God we have 3 families attending our home Bible Study every Sunday afternoon.

Almost 10 years I have been praying and asking God’s direction and plans for my life because I felt something lacking in my heart if I didn’t serve the Lord. Before I started this ministry, I asked the Lord’s intervention and then He answered by bringing Gloria, who was my passenger to help me start my ministry. Gloria was such a blessing to our church and she opened her home to us for our Bible studies, church services and meetings.

The ministry in Barangay Senior San Pablo started last May 2021 with a number of 7 people attending. We also have house-to-house Bible Study with an attendance of 12 people. Now, we are connected and affiliated to Ps. Josephine’s church and she has been sent by the Lord to support us in prayer and encourage us to continue in ministry in spite of the hardships we face. We pray the Lord will continue to use us to win souls and make disciples for our Lord Jesus in this place.

We had one family in our church whom I observed always cried before the Lord during our service. They cried out to the Lord to use them because all they wanted was to know Him and serve Him. I was so deeply touched by how much they loved the Lord and wanted to serve Him. I saw so many people hunger and thirst for God and my wife and I are dedicating our lives to serving him and bringing His Word to the lost. This family starting sharing the Gospel to their relatives and neighbours and they invited us to visit one of their neighbours who was sick. Praise the Lord the woman was healed and she invited us to start another Bible group in her house. She wanted everyone to know what the Lord has done in her life.

If God's willing, we will continue in prayer that He will provide for us to build a church that is our vision for this place. We see lives touched and changed and 4 members of our Bible group have given testimony of healing from sickness. Most of the people here are poor and needy and life is a struggle, made worse by the pandemic. Barangay Senior is part of the San Pablo Zamboanga del sur district and has about 900 people. Thank God, we now have 20 members including children, that's why we are praying for God's provision in order to sustain the ministry.

My wife and 2 children are also involved in my ministry and we work together as a team. The longing of my heart is to reach out to the unsaved, the poor and needy. People here are very poor and during the pandemic many had no food. Thank you Asian Outreach for helping me feed the poor people here. When I gave them the groceries and food some wept for this unexpected help. It was really a miracle for them. As I distributed the groceries to them, I also shared God’s Word to them and I believe seeds were planted. It is not only food that people need but the hope that you have given them by bringing God’s love and showing them, He definitely cares.

I thank you Asian Outreach for your partnership and am honoured to be part of the AOM family.

Romans 10:14

“But how can they call on him to save them unless they believe in him? And how can they believe in him if they have never heard about him? And how can they hear about him unless someone tells them?  And how will anyone go and tell them without being sent? That is why the Scriptures say, ‘How beautiful are the feet of messengers who bring good news!’




 

No comments:

Post a Comment