Wednesday 2 October 2013


The foot soldiers in Vietnam are a group of dedicated men and women who are willing to risk everything to see their people saved.
They are persecuted not only by the authorities but also by their communities, friends and even families. Yet they preserver for the sake of the gospel. How many of us would be willing to risk everything for the Gospel? 


TESTIMONY BY NGUYEN DD – FOOT SOLDIER IN SOUTH VIETNAM

My name is Nguyen D.D. and I am 52 years old. I was born in Central Vietnam and spent all of my childhood there. I married a local girl form the same hometown as myself and we have 4 children. Life was a  long hard struggle for us and we grew up in poverty, just existing from one day to another, with no hope at all for a better tomorrow. In 2001, during a hurricane our family lost our entire home and possessions.  For me, this was all I expected my life to be. I never dared to hope or believe for anything different.
After being made homeless, my wife and I decided to move to South Vietnam, 1500km away to start a new life. There things were even more difficult. I could not find a permanent job, only small menial part time jobs that did not pay much. All I could afford to rent for us to stay was a really small room (43 square feet) and there I lived with my wife and 4 little children. My children had to go to school but sometimes I could not afford to send them. Food was scarce and many a night they went to bed hungry. Sometimes I could hear them whimpering in hunger. I began to feel so depressed and hopeless and I turned to alcohol to relieve this ‘pain’. In my drunken state I was oblivious to the pain and hopelessness of myself and my family.
One day in 2007 I began to see the tangible love of God through a friend and after he shared with me about Jesus and His love I began to feel some small glimmer of hope. I decided to accept Jesus and made him my Lord and Saviour. From that day my life was completely transformed. My family on seeing my transformation also accepted Jesus as their Lord and Saviour. I managed to get a job but things did not immediately get better. I still lived in that small cramped room, never inviting anyone to see where I lived. We faced much persecution from our family, friends and colleagues. My friends and colleagues despised me saying “You said your God is so good and powerful then why are you still living in such a bad state?” But we persevered and we give thanks to the Lord for helping us keep our faith.   
After 11 years, God granted us the provisions to get a new house and he also blessed my children to excel in their studies and get good jobs. I am now a grandfather too and I thank the Lord for all His blessings. My home has been dedicated to be used as a house of worship and I am honoured to become a servant of the Lord.
I would like to thank Asian Outreach for praying for us and supporting us all these years. You have given me the strength to be faithful in serving God and encouraged me greatly. 



Ecc 11:1 “Cast your bread upon the waters for after many days you will find it again”

No comments:

Post a Comment